New Physician Louise Chuu, MD
Dr. Chuu attended medical school at the SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn, and received residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at Mount Sinai West Hospital Center. While here, she was involved in clinical research that evaluated external cephalic version. Version is used in pregnancies when the fetus is in a breech position; when successful, it allows vaginal delivery and avoids Cesarean section. Following graduation from residency, Dr. Chuu went into private practice in Chinatown in Lower Manhattan. She is fluent in Mandarin Chinese as well as English.
Dr. Chuu provides all aspects of general obstetric and gynecologic care, including:
- General primary and preventive health care for women;
- Prenatal care and all obstetrical services, including labor and delivery;
- Birth control, complete gynecologic exams, and testing;
- HPV testing and vaccine to help prevent cervical cancer;
- Care for gynecologic problems, including fibroids, abnormal bleeding, and premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
Patients at the new practice office will benefit from the comprehensive web of high-quality services offered right across the street at Mount Sinai St. Luke’s; these include testing and treatment for all gynecological conditions, as well as a full range of prenatal tests and care. Patients will experience labor and delivery in West Hospital’s outstanding obstetrics suite, located only a few miles south near Columbus Circle.
|OB / Gyn Overview|
|OB / Gyn Physicians|
|Map of Offices|